HOUSE WAKE! Housing Navigation Unit
Position Title: Housing Locator
Work Location: Raleigh, NC
Organizational Description & Position Overview
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness (The Partnership) is a mission-driven organization dedicated to leveraging the power of community to address the systemic causes of homelessness through coordinated response, education, data, and advocacy. The Partnership achieves this by working in partnership with local non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, and individuals while coordinating the centralized HOUSE WAKE! Coordinated Access System and local HMIS administration to end homelessness in Wake County.
HOUSE WAKE! uses a Housing Navigation Unit (HNU) to connect housing opportunities (property managers) and those that are in need of housing. They also provide continued support to participating property managers.
The Housing Locator is responsible for actively seeking, obtaining, and maintaining relationships with property managers and owners; private and non-profit. The Housing Locator is an integral member of the Housing Navigation Unit Team and works collaboratively with all Partnership staff. This position is also responsible for updating and maintaining our interactive shared database of properties and housing partners to assist in the goal of rapidly housing people experiencing homelessness. The Housing Locator may also support other functions of the organization in coordination with the Coordinated Access System Director and The Partnership Executive Director.
Primary Job Functions
- Proactively seek new housing opportunities and resources to assist persons experiencing homelessness obtain housing, utilizing proactive sales techniques including phone calling, in-person connection, email, etc.
- Build ongoing and sustainable relationships with potential housing partners, property management companies, apartment associations and communities, and other target groups to market HOUSE WAKE!
Other Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with and convene housing specialists at homeless service partner agencies
- Assist in creating and sharing marketing materials as it relates to affordable housing and Wake County homeless services providers.
- Create and regularly update a rental unit inventory database to track information about housing options.
- Regularly follow up and communicate with partnering Property managers and owners, and Wake County housing service providers, to ensure satisfaction with the program and organization.
- Act as an advocate for housing partners and HOUSE WAKE! Program.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, Access Hub meetings, Case Conferencing meetings, & other CoC meetings as needed.
- Other duties as identified/needed
Position Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience
- AA, Knowledge of real estate, business management, and/or property management
- Experience with and knowledge of online databases.
- Ability to work efficiently while paying close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated sales, listening, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in speaking and writing, with persons within and outside of the Partnership.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while maintaining a willingness to accept supervision. Should be outgoing and comfortable introducing themselves and the HOUSE WAKE! program.
- Understanding of homeless service systems desired, not required.
Salary commensurate with experience, benefits included. This position is a “Temp to Hire” or contract position. This temp-to-hire position is one in which the candidate will be hired for a temporary period (approx. 3 – 6 months). At the end of this period, the employee would be eligible for a full-time position.
Hiring Range: First year expected income of $40-50k comprised of a 25k base salary and commissions based on new apt communities / Landlords brought into program
This position is grant-funded and subject to renewal.
Office hours and location
Typical office hours fall between 8am – 7pm. Exempt status. Typical work week 40 hrs / week, Mon-Fri. Some weekends required. Office location: 410 N Boylan Ave, Raleigh, NC. (Due to current COVID Pandemic, the majority of work will be done virtually).
Must have access to reliable transportation and possess a valid NC Driver’s License. This position requires frequent travel to partner agencies and housing units in the community using a personal vehicle.
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org